A semi-open forum to slam (or support) whatever i dream up on my blogs. Have fun! :)

Saturday, March 25, 2006

A Day in the Life

I sawr a film today, oh boy. . .

- Lennon/McCartney

I went to see the Larry the Cable Guy movie with a friend of mine today. I will now attempt to do a good review without ruining the story ahead of time for anybody. :) :) :)

I like to laugh. I like to watch movies that make me laugh. Larry the cable guy is a pretty funny guy. He's great in the movie. I laughed a lot. The story and the writing are top-notch, and the humor is very well-paced. One of the things that I don't like in movies of this type is that some humor is overdone or overworked. That is not the case with Larry.

A few of the other things I observed during the movie were that most, if not all, the other characters in the movie are umm, not too good, imo. This didn't seem to come from the writing, more the acting. The music track was also pretty nonexistent except for 2 songs, one of which I didn't think fit the scene. The film is also totally lacking in any political message, not that I'm disappointed. :) :) However, most of the people who like movies of this genre probably won't care about those things.

If you are a mother out there, the language and situationss sometimes may not be appropriate for the under 10 or so crowd, but I think any teenager shouldn't have a problem with this one.

In summmation, if you like Larry the cable guy at all, or if you like good whimsical comedies, this one's pretty good. While it won't go to Cannes, it's excellent submariner fare; worth every dime of the $5.00 I paid.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home