A semi-open forum to slam (or support) whatever i dream up on my blogs. Have fun! :)

Sunday, November 20, 2005

Sunday Boody Sunday

LOOK OUT!! She's comin' down fast!! Yes, she is, yes she is. . . .
- Lennon/Mccartney

Well, well, well, who'd a thunk. Today, while walking downtown to get some cash from an atm so I could eat, I almost got hit by a car. I was crossing the street after the light turned to go to my bank; and, of course, I had my portable CD player on, listening to some Beatles. Next thing I know, I hear a car horn going off, which stopped me for a moment in the crosswalk. I turned towards the intersection and, whoa baby, there's a car running the red light coming right for me. Like a whitetaile i froze. Then, amid 2 cars squealing their brakes, another car crossing with the light went in front of the oncoming car and got hit. The poor lady had her kid in there, but there was nobody hurt, only a little damage to both cars. Still, it could have been worse. I finished crossing the street and got my money out of the bank; when I returned, the intersection was still a mess, with neither car moving and both drivers on their sell phones. I first determined that the car that got hit's driver and son were OK, then the oncoming driver. Everyone then parked alongside the street, out of traffic, and we waited for the cops. About that time, we were joined by another driver who was behind the hit car. After some time, the police arrived and took our stories.

The kicker here is, you know, guess what song I was listening to on the CD? You got it, Helter Skelter. Life can be soooooo freakin' weird, eh?

I gotta get out of this town. Yesterday, I bought the latest issue of BWJ - sometimes I just gotta get refreshed on what I'm missing soooo far from my home. I do not want to die inside these city walls. I'm getting old and tired of this shit; all I want to do anymore is go home.

Can I have my vision back
I'll live outside your city walls
You don't have to be afraid
Untill I come together
- Kay

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home