A semi-open forum to slam (or support) whatever i dream up on my blogs. Have fun! :)

Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Fox on the Run

OK. Maybe these will be better if I try to keep the posts shorter. The fun stuff is at the end, anyway.

Anyways, to explain a little, about a week back I actually got contacted by another blogger - I am not alone!!!! :) It got me to thinking a little bit about blogging my own stuff on a more regular basis. Well, I'm not good at regular basis things when I'm not getting paid for it, so I spent a little time thinking. . .and I went into a few other blogs to see wtf works. :) (cheater, cheater) :)

I see a lot of lists, music lists. I like music. I like music lists. I also like to play games. Soooo. . . . .
Below is a music list that has a common theme. Take a look and you will see it's a pretty easy theme to pick out.

1. Horse with no Name - America
2. Fox on the Run - Sweet
3. Mockingbird - Simon/Taylor
4. Bat out of Hell - Meatloaf
5. Diamond Dogs - David Bowie
6. Crocodile Rock - Elton John
7. Fly Like an Eagle - Steve Miller Band
8. Rock Lobster - B-52s
9. Great White Buffalo - Nugent
10. Year of the Cat - Al Stewart

OK, ok, so I know some of you are thinking, "Whoa, 70s stuff, hey, cool!!", but that isn't quite what I'm looking for here. No, a lot of the stuff I know is 70s stuff. :) Now, if you said, "Hmmmm, looks like a critter list, to me" I'd tell ya BINGO! You win a whole e-prize. It's like that. Easy, huh? :)

The e-prize, in case you are wondering, is that of a sense of satisfaction in solving a silly, minor mind-teaser. :) Enjoy!!

Well, now that I've put my best paw in my mouth, I will try to send up one of these lists weekly. Or thereabouts. Maybe. Kinda depends. :) If nobody gets it untill the next posting, I'll provide the answer. Oh, and I almost forgot to tell you, a good working knowledge of the song lyrics involved :) :) :) is very helpful.

Anyways, with no further ado. . . . .

1. Closing Time - Semisonic
2. Sunshine on My Shoulder - John Denver
3. Surfin' Bird - The Trashmen
4. Summertime Blues - The Who
5. Mr. Tambourine Man - The Byrds
6. 1999 - Prince
7. Quinn the Eskimo - Manfred Man's Earth Band
8. All Along the Watchtower - Jimi Hendrix
9. Knockin' on Heaven's Door - GunsNRoses
10. Tangled up in Blue - Bob Dylan

Best of luck :) :) :)

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger jeffox said...

OK, so nobody got that one.

The answer is: Minnesota. All the songs were written by artists originally from Minnesota. Most of the list is Dylan-penned, the Trashmen and Semisonic are from MN, Summertime Blues was written by Eddie Cochran, who, with John Denver and Prince, were all originally from MN.

Maybe this is a dumb idea. Who knows, we'll see.

3:54 PM

 
Blogger Clance' McClannahan said...

I like this idea!! I would never have gotton it. I do some brain teasers every week too...Nice to find your blog. You have some great posts here...

1:56 AM

 
Blogger jeffox said...

Thank you and welcome, Clance! I appreciate the compliment and welcome any further dialog.

11:54 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home