A semi-open forum to slam (or support) whatever i dream up on my blogs. Have fun! :)

Sunday, April 29, 2007

Yellow Submarine

And our friends are all aboard
Many more of them live next door. . .
- Lennon/McCartney

The last two days have been pretty exciting for me. I was web-surfing, looking at sites and photos of my old submarine, SSN 705, the City of Corpus Christi, when I ran across a crew-list that contained some of the names of the guys I was on her with, back when we were all part of her PCU. I took a shot and e-mail contacted a few of them; and, lo and behold, I got responses!!! They were nice responses, too - after all, they were all a great set of sailors (the best of the best). After that, I went back to the webpage I found and e-mailed a few more. Hopefully, I'll get even more responses; at least that's what I'm looking forward to.

In my life, I've never been with a finer group of people than the ones I served with on the City of. My only hope, with these e-mails, is that I can thank them for letting me serve with them and let them know that, even after all these years, I still think they're the greatest!

And now, for something completely different. . . :)
(or how to wax poetic and be really, really bad at it)

I was a young man when we first met
but she was a lady I'll never forget

Big and black she was with a skin hard as steel
love and hate coming together is how she made me feel

I helped make her go and she went like a band
bringing me safely to many a land

We hid in the ocean and swam with the fish
she gave me all that she had and more than I could wish

Quite quiet she was - never making a sound
even while bringing me all the world 'round

Taking me tither and yon, then taking me back
I'll never forget her, my lady in black

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger bothenook said...

jeff, i was in groton attending the EB nuclear test engineers school when they launched the CofCC. good grief, what a zoo. there were all these protesters running around, most of them religious types that didn't think throwing blood on people was too out of line in their protest.
all in all, a very entertaining experience!

8:03 AM

 
Blogger jeffox said...

Hiya again, Bo! Always nice to see you in here. Yes, I recall it being quite the day when we were launched. I also remember seeing the KKK at the Subbase gate on the local TV news afterwards. Shheeesh what a nuthouse G/NL could be at times. :) :) Still, the area was pretty nice in the fall, imo.

9:51 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home