A semi-open forum to slam (or support) whatever i dream up on my blogs. Have fun! :)

Sunday, May 18, 2008

Perpetual Change

And there you are
Saying we have the moon, so now the stars
When all you see
Is near disaster gazing down on you and me
And there you're standing
Saying we have the whole world in our hands
When all you'll see
Deep inside the worlds controlling you and me.

You will see perpetual change.
You will see perpetual change.

- J. Anderson/C. Squire


This entry is a project that I let ferment for a few weeks and decided to publish at this time. Basically, back about 6 weeks ago, I took a photo of the Chippewa River near the University that I attend. The photo was taken from UWEC's footbridge and shows the point bar on the north/west bank of the river as it passes through the U's campus area. The first photo is the same one I used in a previous entry. The rest are all comparison photos, each taken a week apart.

As you can see, the river goes through a fairly low period to a much higher flow and larger volume and then back. This is typical of Midwestern rivers in the spring, the only major difference this year being that we had an awful lot of snow and spring came fairly late - compared to the last 10 years or so.

Anyways, I thought that all of you might like to see these comparisons. The photos speak for themselves; so, without much further ado, I present the "perpetually changing" Chippewa River. Enjoy!






















Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home